Astrology may be something you’re dedicated to, see as an amusing way to pass some time, or maybe you don’t subscribe to it in the slightest. No matter your view, astrology applies to your dancing as well. Without further ado, here is “today through the signs” in relation to your dancing!
ARIES (March 21 – April 19)
- “The importance of endurance has never been more important.” After a big event or a tough week at work, it’s easy to want to take a break. The best thing to do? Stick with it. You don’t want to lose momentum!
TAURUS (April 20 – May 20)
- “Be more in touch with your needs.” With work, family life, and everything else that fills up our schedule, it’s important to fit in some “me time”. Reward yourself by scheduling a dance lesson.
GEMINI (May 21 – June 20)
- “Use this moment to push ahead and make progress with a key desire or wish.” Always wanted to do a Rumba routine or add a sexy new element to one of your dances? Now is the time to do it.
CANCER (June 21 – July 22)
- “Take a break, go off, and do something that invigorates you.” You know what’s invigorating? Dance!
LEO (July 23 – August 22)
- “Pursue a long-term desire.” Have you always wanted to start dancing? Now is the best time to start!
VIRGO (August 23 – September 22)
- “Listen to news openly.” Sometimes your teacher will give you feedback that conflicts with what you’re used to, or seems to go against what you know to be true. Keeping an open mind will help take your dancing to new levels!
LIBRA (September 23 – October 22)
- “A new kind of energy emanates from you, and it appears to have positive results.” Channel that positive energy into a fun activity. You know what’s fun? Dance J
SCORPIO (October 23 – November 21)
- “At first you might be hesitant to express what you need. Don’t hold back!” Whether it’s lesson one or lesson one hundred, being open with your teacher is the best way to get the most out of your dance program while ensuring you have the most fun.
SAGITTARIUS (November 22 – December 21)
- “Be aware of how you might be jinxing yourself.” Your worst critic is usually yourself, right? When you start to get down on yourself, let your teacher know what’s up. They’ll be able to give you objective feedback that will help put things in perspective.
CAPRICORN (December 22 – January 19)
- “Pace yourself and allow greater give-and-take with those who are part of your daily life.” No matter who your dance partner is, there may come a time (today, for instance), when you push up against each other’s boundaries. That’s a normal part of any relationship. Be patient and open. It will help both of you.
AQUARIUS (January 20 – February 18)
- “Allow your creativity to take over.” Have a cool idea for one of your dances? Want to throw in a funky step you saw someone else do? Work with your teacher to add some of your own creativity. It’s fun to be part of the process.
PISCES (February 19 – March 20)
- “Tension soars, especially if you become overly analytical.” Deep breath. Relax. While it’s easier said than done, sometimes you have to let go of certain expectations and just let yourself dance. A great ways to help you do that? Tell your teacher. They’ll be able to give you personalized tips.
No matter how seriously you subscribe to sun signs in astrology (as a heads up, if your sun sign doesn’t sound much like you, look into your moon sign), there are lessons aplenty to be gleaned when it comes to your dancing. So take these messages to heart. Let us know if (and how) it changed your experience!